Sunday, February 22, 2009

The face behind the veil

this is something i wrote when i was terribly upset and when i was completely broken. it is very special to me cause i put my heart into what i was writing.

Beneath this facade lies a soul so torn,so ripped
i cannot foresee what is yet to come,
yet i sit with a hope, with a faith
that someday i will be able to pull myself up
put pieces of my life together and start afresh
it is hard to sit, hard to fake it, hard to put up a smile and put on an act
as shakepeare said "this world is a stage and we all the actors"
we live this life being artificial,
dawning upon ourselves a mask that conceals what is within, our true selves
i wish life was more simple
my head spins and i wonder what sort of complicated web i have entangled myself in
waiting for that day when i can stand and reveal
the face behing the veil

1 comment:

  1. hey sunaina! gr8 to know u ve started blogging! u write good stuff. keep up the gr8 work. hopin to read more of 'em

    ReplyDelete